Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I likened the redneck to Forest Gump (except he doesn't have the shrimp boats income) but this is not what endear me to him. What I love about him is that he knows me so well and accepts me and loves me as I am. Because of my restlessness and moodiness, he likens me to a spin top: "You're balanced only when you're spinning." He is right on target there.
At the beginning of the relationship, I warned him about my restlessness. "I don't leave people, I've never left a relationship, but you have to hold me with an open hand if you want to keep me." His answer was astounding: "Sweetie, I will let you fly like a kite, fly as far as you want away from me because I know you're like a homing pigeon."
A homing pigeon? "Yes" he said,  "birds that repeatedly found their way home even after travelling  long distances because they have an innate homing ability. And they generally returns to its nest and... mate." 

When he gave me a wink and emphasized the last word too much, I wasn't sure if it was a compliment or a command.

No comments: