Wednesday, July 03, 2013

It's 5 oclock somewhere

Today I turn 56. Compared to 50, 55 or 60 I think it's  a funny number but it goes well with my frame of mind. Lately, I have been entertaining the idea of  owning a Harley but yesterday after being lost trying to find parking in a fairly open parking lot (before I even had my first sip of fermented grape juice) I'm not sure anymore what I want to do when I grow up. Today I told the redneck  that I am dying and all he said was: "Then let's enjoy however many hours or minutes you got left, baby doll." I was hoping I'd get some kind of a horrified look on his face or rouse him to a state of shock. None.

But then again, after hearing the same threat for several weeks now, I think he'd simply written me off as a full pledged lunatic. I started celebrating my birthday since yesterday.


No comments: