Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ok, so I went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription of Lexapro. I was ready and eager to take them little suckers, until the pharmacist said: "$335 dollars for a 90 day supply. Unless you have insurance."  I don't know, do I? My deceased husband left me with just enough annuity so I don't go hungry or without shelter and some medical coverage. But I've never really used the prescription side of the medical coverage because I didn't have to use it ---or maybe I did but I'm just too groggy to remember. I told the pharmacist, "then let me just have a 30 day supply, I can't afford this pill then."
I then went home and started ranting to myself about how expensive this brain pill is and there's no point taking it if only for 30 days.

I hate calling anybody, I even dread when I have to call my friends but out of curiosity I dialed the number at the back of my insurance card. "Oh yes ma'am, you have prescription benefits too and you should have your card for that." I do? She gave me my ID number and told me to go back to the pharmacy and get a refund. You bet I will.  "Ok, let's go ahead and fill the 90 day supply since that is what your doctor ordered. Total is 32.09" The pharmacist said it without any change in her facial expression, while I had to pick up my jaw from the floor. I went home and took the first half. (you're supposed to taper the dosage going in and going out) I told Chat I was feeling victorious over the big discount that I downed that sucker of a pill with a glass of wine. "Because that's what you do with an anti-depressant---down it with alcohol. That's what responsible adults would do, mom." Was Chat's sarcastic remark. Just so you know when you hear about the news of my death, you know what killed me----Chat's sarcastic remark.

No comments: